1 hr 10 mins
My version of an old favorite, using red wine. If feeding the kiddies, you may want to sub chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine (use the same wine as you would drink)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushroom
- hot cooked pasta
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in 1 teaspoon oil until softened, about 5 minute.
- 2Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, dried seasonings and bay leaf; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, season chicken pieces on both sides with salt and pepper.
- 4Sauté in remaining oil in a large skillet over med. heat for about 5 minutes per side; keep warm until sauce is ready.
- 5Place bell peppers and mushrooms in skillet with chicken and top with half of the sauce.
- 6Simmer both the chicken and the remaining sauce, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes.
- 7Top chicken with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Ala Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1259.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 31.2 g