Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so goood. golden brown crispy pieces of chicken with loads of garlic flavor. The only real work with this recipe is to either cut the chicken yourself into 2 inch pieces or have your butcher do it (my way :)). For this recipie you need to use the biggest frying pan you have, so all the chicken pieces fit in one layer. If you don’t have a big enough frying pan you will need to use two simultaneusly. Serve with fries for a great meal. I found this in Notes from Spain: www.notesfromspain.com
- Start by peeling the garlic cloves and slicing them roughly.
- Ppour olive oil until the bottom of the frying pan is covered and wait until it just starts to smoke. While you wait you can add salt to all the chicken bits.
- Then add all the garlic pieces and just when they start to brown add the chicken, inserting the bay leaves in between.
- You will need to cook it for aproximately 30 minutes or until all the pieces are crispy and brown, taking care to turn the pieces over so they get equally brown all over.
- If you want to have a bit of sauce, towards the end of the cooking lower the heat to minimum, remove the excess oil from the frying pan and add a glass of white wine. Cook for another 5 minutes and serve.
This was an easy to make, delicious meal. The white wine turned out to be delicious with this. I would definitely make this again.
Loved this great flavorful chicken! Easy to make, with ingredients always on hand, and very tasty indeed. I didn't use the optional wine this time but may try it next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2020 Event (recommended by Baby Kato)
What a fantastic dish. We loved this quick and easy to make meal. I used a whole chicken, which I cut up and all the ingredients, except for the wine. My dh declined sauce with this dish. It was perfect. Crisp, beautifully flavored and cooked perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing this treat. I will make this again and again. It had such wonderful flavor. :)