Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spanish Chicken in Garlic Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch saffron, crushed and diluted in very small amount of water
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook over moderate heat until golden brown.
- Place chicken pieces in large, shallow casserole. Season with salt. Pour off all but 4 tablespoons of oil in skillet.
- Saute garlic. Stir in water and bring to boil. Pour over chicken. Add lemon juice and saffron.
- Cook, covered, over low heat about 15 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve, spooning sauce over chicken.
Very tasty, easy and quick. The sauce was great. What more can you ask than that? Made for ZWT 8.
Wonderful dish, thank you! I used a pinch tumeric instead of saffron because that's what we had in the cupboard. Family enjoyed very much. Delicioso!!!
This was very tasty and easy to make, I used chicken breasts and thighs on the bone, cutting the breasts in half. I made this for a tapas dinner and the group as a whole enjoyed it but no one cared for the saffron, so I would leave it out the next time. Thanks Elmo for sharing. Made for ZWT 8 by one of The Wild Bunch.