- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch saffron, crushed and diluted in very small amount of water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook over moderate heat until golden brown.
- Place chicken pieces in large, shallow casserole. Season with salt. Pour off all but 4 tablespoons of oil in skillet.
- Saute garlic. Stir in water and bring to boil. Pour over chicken. Add lemon juice and saffron.
- Cook, covered, over low heat about 15 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve, spooning sauce over chicken.