Recipe by Mercy
Pollo a las Rajas is a hearty dish of chicken and vegetables. This is from the San Angel Inn restaurant in the Mexican Pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase. It was posted in a local newspaper.
Top Review by Zephyr Raine
Awesome recipe! I love to eat at the San Angel Inn and this is perhaps my favorite thing on the menu. I tried this on a whim because I thought my daughter had gotten something too spicy for her so I got this hoping she would eat it. Much to my surprise I was wrong (about the spicyness of my daughter's order) and this was delicious!
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chorizo sausage, casing removed and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 large poblano chile
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breast halves with garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breast halves in a roasting pan (uncovered) and cook in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and lightly sauté poblano pepper until skin starts separating; Peel skin from poblano pepper; Make a slit and remove all the seeds.
- Slice onion, bell pepper, and poblano pepper into strips.
- In a heavy skillet heat remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and add chorizo, garlic, onion, and peppers.
- Cook over medium high heat stirring occasionally until onions and peppers are soft.
- Add sour cream, half-and-half, black pepper and salt and simmer for three minutes.
- On ovenproof serving dishes, place 3/4 cup of vegetable mixture.
- Top with roasted chicken breast.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese on each serving plate.
- Broil until cheese melts and turns golden.