Pollo a las Rajas is a hearty dish of chicken and vegetables. This is from the San Angel Inn restaurant in the Mexican Pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase. It was posted in a local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chorizo sausage, casing removed and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 large poblano chile
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1Season the chicken breast halves with garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- 2Place the chicken breast halves in a roasting pan (uncovered) and cook in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- 3In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and lightly sauté poblano pepper until skin starts separating; Peel skin from poblano pepper; Make a slit and remove all the seeds.
- 4Slice onion, bell pepper, and poblano pepper into strips.
- 5In a heavy skillet heat remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and add chorizo, garlic, onion, and peppers.
- 6Cook over medium high heat stirring occasionally until onions and peppers are soft.
- 7Add sour cream, half-and-half, black pepper and salt and simmer for three minutes.
- 8On ovenproof serving dishes, place 3/4 cup of vegetable mixture.
- 9Top with roasted chicken breast.
- 10Sprinkle 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese on each serving plate.
- 11Broil until cheese melts and turns golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo a Las Rajas
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.0
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 593.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 32.6 g