One of my favorite things to make is Arrachera (which I have my personal recipe for on here) but I threw a party once that some of the guests don't eat beef so I wanted to make a Chicken option so I made this up. I love mangos so I thought by marinading the meat in mango nectar and lime juice it would give the meat a nice flavor and I was right! I hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For steak tacos I have the steak run through a machine so it is flat. I haven't tried pounding the chicken flat when making this but I think it may work better. Consider this an optional step, as every time I've made it without pounding it, it still comes out fantastic but it takes a while to cook. Maybe split breasts would be good.
- 2Season meat by sprinkling with Adobo, Cumin, and Pico de Gallo seasoning. I like to use the adobo that has cumin in it and if you choose to go this route, you don't need to use any extra cumin. If you like spicy food use more pico seasoning, if you like mild use a smaller amount.
- 3Rub seasoning into meat thoroughly.
- 4Layer meat, onions, and garlic in a deep pan or bowl. I have also begun layering lime slices along with it.
- 5Pour mango nectar and lime juice over meat so that the liquid just covers the top of the meat. I use about a 3 part mango nectar, 1 part lime juice mix.
- 6Let sit for several hours or over night.
- 7Cook on hot grill.
- 8Serve with warm tortillas and desired taco toppings.
- 9An alternate cooking method:.
- 10I had the guy at the meat counter cut up the chicken into taco meat, if you shop at a hispanic grocery store they'll know exactly what you mean if you ask them to cut it for tacos but basically its just cutting it into small chunks. I still marinaded everything the same way, rubbing the seasonings into the meat is more difficult but still doable. Instead of grilling the meat however, after everything marinaded I put the whole mixture, marinade and all in a slow cooker. I wouldn't use lime slices in the marinade for this though so you won't have to pick them out.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo a La Parilla (Grilled Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 99.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 35.2 g