Recipe by Annacia
This recipe originates in Valencia, a region well-known for its citrus. Chicken breasts are first browned in oil, then sauteed in a sauce with intense citrus flavors. This is a simple recipe with lots of fresh taste. From: Spanish Food
Top Review by diner524
Great chicken!!! Made this for dinner for DD, DS and I. I used 4 thin chicken cutlets, left out the carrots and sugar, as we aren't fans of sweet meat dishes. I used 3 Moro oranges, blood oranges that are less sweet and a shallot (to impart some garlic into the recipe) and then followed it as written, using the option not to puree. Both kids still prefer a chicken piccata dish but had no problem devouring this chicken!! I served it with my Recipe #345703, green beans and garlic bread for a wonderful meal!! Next time I would lightly coat them in seasoned flour and use 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil to add a bit more flavor. But we really enjoyed the chicken and recomment that you don't let one reviewer stop you from trying this great chicken dish!!! Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (filleted)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 oranges, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- orange slice (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan with a heavy bottom.
- Fry chicken breasts, turning so that they brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Dice the carrots and onions or place in a food processor to dice. Put vegetables in the frying pan and brown.
- Add the juices and the white wine.
- Reduce the sauce a bit by simmering for a few minutes.
- Pour the Sauce into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Return the sauce to the frying pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: If you prefer a "chunky" sauce, you do not have to puree.
- Return the chicken to the frying pan of sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Place chicken on plates, spooning sauce over each piece.
- Garnish with orange slices. Serve with rice and bread.