1/1 Photo of Pollo a La Naranja (Chicken in Orange Sauce)
This recipe originates in Valencia, a region well-known for its citrus. Chicken breasts are first browned in oil, then sauteed in a sauce with intense citrus flavors. This is a simple recipe with lots of fresh taste. From: Spanish Food
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan with a heavy bottom.
- 3Fry chicken breasts, turning so that they brown on both sides.
- 4Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Dice the carrots and onions or place in a food processor to dice. Put vegetables in the frying pan and brown.
- 6Add the juices and the white wine.
- 7Reduce the sauce a bit by simmering for a few minutes.
- 8Pour the Sauce into a food processor or blender and puree.
- 9Return the sauce to the frying pan.
- 10Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Note: If you prefer a "chunky" sauce, you do not have to puree.
- 12Return the chicken to the frying pan of sauce.
- 13Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 14Place chicken on plates, spooning sauce over each piece.
- 15Garnish with orange slices. Serve with rice and bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo a La Naranja (Chicken in Orange Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 101.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 28.2 g