1/1 Photo of Pollo a La Crema
My favorite dish at our local Mexican Restaurant. Chicken, mushrooms & onions in a spicy cream sauce, YUM! Very rich, but so delish! A real comfort food. I have been playing with the recipe for some time, just trying to get close to what they serve. I think I'm finally as close as I can get. 5/30/08 Update: If you can find Mexican Crema (dairy case at my grocer) it is thicker and works better than cream. This is also good served over rice or noodles. ***I discovered that my Paprika had gotten old and lost strength, when I bought new, I also had to reduce the amount. The recipe now reflects the reduced amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan. Saute chicken and onion until chicken is no longer pink & onions are translucent.
- 2Add cream, mushrooms, paprika & chicken base.
- 3Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Mixture will be somewhat thin, but should be a creamy texture like the consistency of a white sauce.
- 5Serve hot with warmed flour tortillas and Spanish Rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo a La Crema
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.7
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 87.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless chicken breasts