1/4 Photos of Pollo a La Brasa (Peruvian Grilled Chicken)
8 hrs 45 mins
This is a regional dish from Peru that I found on Epicurious. Many versions of this recipe abound, though soy sauce is the common ingredient in all of them. The title suggests it's grilled, but this dish can be oven roasted, too. But please plan accordingly though, as the chicken needs to marinate for 8 to 24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and oil in a blender.
- 2Put chicken in a large sealable bag and add marinade. Seal bag and marinate, chilled, 8 to 24 hours. Turn occasionally to assure even marinating.
- 3Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- 4Discard marinade, then pat chicken dry. Oil grill rack.
- 5Grill chicken over area with no coals (or over a turned-off burner), skin side down first, covered, turning over once, until cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes (add charcoal to maintain heat).
- 6Garnish with lime wedges.
- 7(IF OVEN ROASTING - Preheat oven to 500°F, and roast chicken for 30 minutes in a 13x9-inch roasting pan with 1 cup water. After 30 minutes of roasting time, tent with foil and continue roasting until browned and cooked through, or about 15 minutes longer.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo a La Brasa (Peruvian Grilled Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.2
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 1517.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 47.1 g