Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spread the love. Buying hummus is a big fat rip-off and with a recipe this easy and good I'll never buy again. Drizzle with a little of your favorite olive oil before serving.
- 4 cups cooked garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon salt (depending on taste)
- 15 g roasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Put water, oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic cloves, sesame seeds, tahini, nutritional yeast and cumin into a blender. Blend thoroughly.
- Add beans in 1 cup increments and blend until smooth each time.
- NOTE* If using dried beans: 3.5 Cups of dried beans makes 7.5 Cups cooked, Do not use heat-treated beans - they are icky.
This recipe is awesome! It kicks ass and takes names. I would highly suggest this to anyone making hummus.