Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Warning....you will be asked to make these every weekend if you try it!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4-2 cups milk (depending on how thick you like your pancakes)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In seperate bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Stir quickly until just mixed and batter lumpy.
- Drop on a hot griddle.
- Try adding strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries to the batter, but do not over stir.
- I also sometimes will add a scoop of protein powder to my dry ingredients. You will need to add a little more milk to the recipe if you do.
This was a good starting point for pancake batter. These could have been fluffier (more baking powder) and needed a bit more flavor (buttermilk maybe?), but they were good, basic pancakes. I tend to compare pancakes to the best out there, IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes (http://www.recipezaar.com/Ihop-Buttermilk-Pancakes-98415) to see how they compare. With a few minor adjustments, I think these could be just as good! Thanks! Made for My-3-Chefs in Fall 08.