Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
a fun to eat open-faced sandwich
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, with onion sauce
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned pimiento
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- In saucepan combine frozen mixed veggies in onion sauce and milk.
- Stir together cornstarch and water; add to veggies.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in tuna, sliced mushrooms, and chopped pimiento; heat through.
- Spoon over english muffin halves.
- Top with almonds if desired.