Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Colorful cut-out cookies for Christmas
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mint extract
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- heat oven to 350.
- on a well-floured surface, knead flour ionto the dough.
- knead in the mint extract until completley incorporated.
- divide dough in half.
- knead about 8 drops of green food coloring into half the dough.
- knead 8-10 drops of the red into the other half.
- form into disks and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- roll each disk between 2 sheets of waxed paper to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- slide onto baking sheets; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- cut out tree shapes using a 4-inch cutter.
- place on baking sheet.
- form scraps into disks, cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- cut dots out of cookies with a 3/4-inch round cookie cutter or the large opening of an icing decorating tip.
- remove dots with offset spatula or toothpick.
- place opposite colored dots onto trees.
- bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed and set.
- let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute.
- remove cookies to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- remove remaining dough from refrigerator and repeat steps from rolling out of the disks.