Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Backyard Gatherings. My mom has made this salad several times for family events. Very good, colorful, and easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise-style salad dressing (Miracle Whip or regular mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again; set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooled rigatoni, cucumber and the next 4 ingredients.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, stir the parsley, Miracle Whip, sugar, and vinegar; blend well.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture; toss to combine and coat well.
- Mom chills the salad for several hours before serving.