Recipe by Kim D.
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar, and I'm very proud to be it's new owner. I made a few changes from the original recipe and I think my version is perfect! This quick bread is great for breakfast on the go or as a late night snack with a glass of milk. I plan on making these next Christmas for gifts!
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsley chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Coarsley chop the cranberries and set aside in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, egg, melted butter (cooled), and orange juice with a whisk; set aside.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped cranberries, cheese and nuts to flour mixture and toss to coat cranberries.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan. (It is important to let it cool, otherwise the bread might stick as you turn it out!)
- Cool to room temperature on the wire rack before slicing.