Recipe by Charlotte J
To pipe the polka-dots onto the servings, you will need a pastry bag and a #5 round tip. Hopefully a fun way to get your kids helping and then eating this soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb leek, white and light-green parts only, washed well and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 1⁄2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh shelled peas or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas, thawed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté, stirring occasionally, until leeks are softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add peas, and reduce heat, simmer until peas are bright green and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Puree using an immersion blender, or transfer mixture to the jar of a blender, working in batches if necessary so as not to fill jar more than halfway, as hot liquid will expand when blended, and process until smooth.
- eason with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup into serving bowls.
- To make polka-dots, fill pastry bag with sour cream.
- Pipe dots onto surface of soup, and serve.