Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 5 mins
I haven't made this, but looks nice, a kid pleaser. Stagger the placement of the cheese on the second layer so it is not directly above the first layer. *The string cheese amount is 6 pieces (1 ounce each). The computer system did not want to add it in! Pillsbury recipe
- Heat oven to 375' In a large bowl, mix ground beef, 1/4 Celsius of the ketchup, the bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and egg. Press 1/3 of mixture in bottom of ungreased 8x4 loaf pan.
- Place 2 pieces of the string cheese lengthwise and evenly spaced over beef mixture, with one end of the cheese about 1/2 inch from end of pan. Cut 2 pieces of string cheese in half crosswise. Place 2 half pieces on beef mixture so cheese extends full length of pan. Press cheese into beef mixture.
- Top with half of remaining beef mixture, pat evenly in place. Top with remaining string cheese in two rows; press inches Press remaining beef mixture over cheese. Press ends and edges of beef mixture well to seal in cheese; smooth top.
- Bake 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup ketchup, the mustard and brown sugar.
- Remove meatloaf from oven. Spoon juices from meatloaf; spoon ketchup mixture evenly over top.
- Return to oven; bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted in center of meat loaf reads 160'. Let stand 15 minutes before cuttung into slices.