Chocolate cookies with green chips of polka dots. These are sinfully delicious and rich. The recipe was printed on a package of green mint chips that I purchased.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the top of a double boiler over low heat, melt the semisweet chips and butter, stirring until smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light.
- Blend in the melted chocolate and then dry ingredients.
- Stir in the green mint chips and chill for 10 to 15 minutes or until stiff.
- Drop by well rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes; cookies will be soft in center but will firm as they cool.
These are delicious! I made these for a cookie exchange I am going to attend. Drizzled a little melted chocolate on half the batch, and shook powdered sugar over the tops of the other half. Will definitely be making these again!
I really wanted to try this recipe but I didn't have the chocolate or green chips so I made the recipe using white chips. They are wonderful tasting and have a very interesting texture. They are quite light but are soft and almost creamy inside. Every chocolate lover (or liker) is bound to love these great cookies that are very easy to make.
I also found this recipe on the back of some mint chips. They are delicious! The texture is light and almost brownie like and the mint chips taste so good with the chocolate. They stayed soft and tasted even better the next day. Thanks for posting this!