Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Gooseberry Patch More Gifts for Giving.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Layer sugar in a one-quart, wide-mouth jar; set aside.
- Mix together the next 4 ingredients; add to the jar, packing down gently.
- Layer the remaining ingredients in the order given.
- Secure lid and attach instructions.
- Instructions: In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter; add in 1 egg.
- Blend in cookie mix; mix well.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
These are yummy!! I made this for PAC 2006. I skipped the jar because I wanted to eat them right away! My dried cherries were pretty big, so I cut them up with scissors. The dough is really thick, but the cookies come out nice and moist. The only thing I think I will do different next time is increase the amount of walnuts and decrease the amount of white chocolate chips. They were a little too sweet for my taste. Orange or lemon zest would be a nice addition too. Thanks for sharing! :)
My daughter made these and they were devoured. The only thing I'd change is to replace the cherries with plain chocolate chips, I think, just to make it more polka dottie! The dried cherries I bought in the UK were rather large and not exactly spherical.