4 hrs 10 mins
My favorite dinner party soup! Cooking the dried mushrooms for 4 hours produces an intense flavor that cannot be achieved with fresh mushrooms. The onions and butter (don't skimp) transform the broth into a rich, enchanting and elegant first course soup. Don't be concerned with the cooking time, this is a simple and very easy to make soup. Prep time does not include soaking overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover mushrooms with cold water and soak overnight.
- 2Drain the mushrooms reserving the soaking liquid, strain the liquid through a fine cloth.
- 3Rinse the mushrooms in cold water to remove any remaining sand then slice into strips.
- 4Add the mushrooms, 8 cups of of the beef stock and the soaking liquid to a 3 quart saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over low heat 4 hours.
- 5Melt the butter in a heavy skillet, add the onion, sauté until golden brown then add to the soup.
- 6Whisk the cornstarch with the remaining cup of beef stock, add to the soup, stir and simmer until slightly thickened.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper, ladle into individual bowls, top each with 1 tbs sour cream and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Wild Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.2
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 1612.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g