Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by request from "The Art of Polish Cooking". Serve with rice or croutons.
Make and share this Polish Tomato Soup - Zupa Pomidorowa recipe from Food.com.
- 8 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups beef broth or 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons instant flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Place the tomatoes, onions, butter and 1 cup water in a sauce pan and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Rub mixture through a sieve or food mill.
- Place in a soup pot, add broth and heat.
- Combine flour and 1/4 cup cold water, add to the soup.
- Add salt to taste and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add sour cream and dill.
- Serve with cooked rice or croutons.
Great soup! Tastes just like what I ate as a kid. Super easy and quick to make. I added whole wheat egg noodles instead of the rice. Yum!