Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a tart and flavorful tomato soup that my cousin from Poland made us when she was over here visiting. She served them with kluski dumplings, I'll try to get that recipe posted, too. She had a technique of burning the onion over an open flame and letting it cool before chopping it and adding it to the soup, but I don't have a gas stove, so I don't bother with that step.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a soup pot.
- Boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours.
- Serve with kluski dumplings (posted seperately).