Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious change from the usual cold summer soups. Posted by request from the "Art of Polish Cooking".
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 (1 lb) can beet, chopped,liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons instant flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 large dill pickles, diced
- 1 cup brine, from pickle jar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Combine beef broth, beets and beet liquid in a large pot and heat.
- Mix flour and water, add to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Chill, add remaining ingredients except eggs and refrigerate.
- Serve very cold topped with chopped eggs.
What an easy & excellent recipe. This soup is quick & easy & receives rave reviews form everyone who tries it!