Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rich with potatoes, pasta, onion, butter, and cream cheese, this pierogi-like dish is the best! It's also quick and easy to make. Serve with your favorite vegetable.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Drain, pat dry and interleave in a damp towel to keep moist OR spray each noodle with cooking spray OR lightly apply some oil.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat, combine the onions with the butter and saute for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the instant mashed potatoes according to package directions, but omit the milk.
- Stir in the cream cheese until well blended.
- Place 3 noodles in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 the potato mixture over the noodles in the dish.
- Top this with 3 more noodles, followed by the other 1/2 of the potato mixture.
- Finish by topping with the remaining 3 noodles, then top those with sauteed onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.