Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really great dish--quick and easy.
Make and share this Polish Style Cabbage and Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, chopped and sauteed
- 16 ounces cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Parboil cabbage in water to cover for 10 minutes drain.
- Cook and drain noodles according to package directions; add the drained noodles and onion to cabbage. Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in cottage cheese and heat until the cheese melts and mixture is creamy. Serve.
- This is a meatless main dish or side dish.
This is really good. Made me realize I really love cabbage and should buy it more. I had to read it a few times because it doesn't say when to add margarine. I just put it in at the end. Soooo good. Thanks so much for sharing. I will make this a lot.
I loved the subtle creaminess that the cottage cheese gives this recipe. I used butter instead of maragarine, but otherwise no changes were made. I'll certainly make this version again. Thanx for sharing.