1/3 Photos of Polish Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Golabki / Golumkies / Golumpkis)
1 hr 10 mins
Easy and yummy. Even my husband who hates cabbage thinks these are great. High in Iron and Protein, and Vitamins A, B, & C. Can also be made in the crockpot instead of oven, just place rolls seasmside down in crockpot, pour in sauce, cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 1/8 lbs ground elk or 1 1/8 lbs ground beef
- 1/8 lb pork sausage or 1/8 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup rice, cooked with
- 1 tablespoon butter (1 cup rice when cooked)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons celery, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Cut 12 large leaves off of cabbage head, cover leaves with boiling water, let stand until leaves are limp (2-3 minutes); then drain OR core cabbage head, and boil cabbage until leaves are tender enough to remove easily (10-15 minutes), very carefully remove 12 large leaves (You may have to peel the outer layers first and then return the cabbage to cook and continue peeling the leaves until all are done); then drain.
- 2Mix beef, pork, rice, egg, milk, seasonings, and vegetables.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Put 1-4 tablespoons (depending on size of leaf) of meat mixture in center of each leaf; tuck in sides and roll to cover meat (I roll any leftover filling into meatballs and cook them with the cabbage rolls).
- 5Place, seam side down in baking dish.
- 6Mix tomato sauce with the sugar; pour over rolls.
- 7Cover and bake for 45-60 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Golabki / Golumkies / Golumpkis)
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.2
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 151.4 mg
- Sodium 1454.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 37.2 g