Top Review by lazyme
The taste of this stew was good, but I felt it needed more liquid. After stirring this a couple of times, I added some water because it was starting to stick to the pan. I would guess that more tomato sauce and a broth would be better choices so that it wouldn't dilute the delicate seasonings. The sausage was especially good with the caraway seeds. Thanks Mimi.
- 1 lb Polish sausage, 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb sauerkraut, canned
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegetable seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté sausage 15 minutes; remove to casserole.
- Add oil to sausage drippings; brown beef in oil, 15 minutes; remove to casserole.
- Sauté onion; add to casserole.
- Sauté mushrooms with sauerkraut and wine.
- Add tomato sauce, soy sauce, caraway seeds and vegetable seasoning.
- Add this to casserole also, mixing well.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir casserole every 30 minutes.
- Or cook in crock pot on high heat for 4 hours.