Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds like a delicious way to serve cabbage.
- 1 small raw green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- Shred cabbage medium fine; set aside.
- Heat margarine in skillet; saute garlic.
- Add cabbage and water.
- Cover tightly, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine sour cream with vinegar, sugar, salt and egg; blend thoroughly.
- Pour over cabbage; bring to a quick boil and serve immediately.
Yummo. I love cabbage but often don't know what to do to make it more interesting. This hit the spot. I used butter and accidently left out the vinegar, but it was still a winner.
Awesome cabbage! It's amazingly simple with all ordinary ingredients, but the end result is very tasty and pleasantly tangy! I used butter in place of margarine and threw in some onion. I think this is now one of my new favorite skillet cabbage recipes. Thanx so much!
Wonderful recipe, very easy & delicious. My son loves this. Even better than the cabbage recipe I tried from Joy of Cooking. Only changes - used butter, seasoned with pepper & doubled the sour cream sauce since I used a large head of cabbage.