Good Polish-Slovak food, very Pittsburgh-ese. I modified it from a base recipe I found on AllRecipes and added a few touches of my own.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 15 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 16 ounces kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Add peppers, onions and seasonings, cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in kielbasa and sauerkraut, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until onions are caramelized.