Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe from Ricardo.
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 8 Polish sausage (Kielbasa or others)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- Roasted Veggies: Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown rutabaga and potatoes in butter. Add onion and stir well. Add salt and pepper. Cook in oven about 40 minutes or until veggies are tender. Stir the veggies a few times during cooking.
- Sausages: Prick the sausages with a fork and put in a saucepan with water. Bring to boil and let simmer slowly about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, brown the sausages in oil.
- Spicy Honey Mustard: Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix all the ingredients. Serve the sausages with roasted veggies, spicy honey mustard and sour cream.
So I was going to make the roasted veggies in this recipe, but at the last minute I changed my mind and served a different side with my polish sausage. I do, however, want to leave you some stars for that INCREDIBLE mustard sauce. Just deliciously sweet and super-spicy. I loved it on the sausage, but I know I will be making it for other stuff in the future too.
Wonderful! I used small red potatoes instead of yukon, because that is what I had on hand. Tried to make sure I cut everything uniformly. I suggest cutting the rutabaga a bit smaller than the potatoes, since it takes longer to cook. The flavors are wonderful together. I didn't use Kielbasa, as I've never been a big fan. Instead I used Conecuh Smoked Sausage, and this turned out great. The heat that the sambal oelek added to the mustard was great with the sausage. Thanks for sharing! Just loved how all the flavors of the ingredients came together to make you say "Yum"! Made for Photo Tag!