Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and satisfying supper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs Polish sausage or 1 1⁄4 lbs knockwurst or 1 1⁄4 lbs other smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add green onion, cabbage and carrot.
- Cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Add raisins, salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Cover, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Arrange sausage on slaw, cutting in pieces, if necessary.
- Cover, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Arrange hot slaw and sausages on platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Serve with mustard, if desired.
We really enjoyed this flavor combination! I did start the dish by browning 3 slices of diced bacon, then proceeded as instructed. Great combination of sweet, salty, sour and meat. Thanks!