1/1 Photo of Polish Sausage Submarine Sandwich
steve in FL's Note:
When I was in high school, I worked at a Polish Deli in Michigan and this was one of their most popular subs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the sausage into 1/4" rounds, on the diagonal (so as to get more surface space).
- 2Evenly lay out the sausage slices over bottom half of sub rolls.
- 3Top with desired amount of sauerkraut, if desired. In Michigan - they desire. lol.
- 4Squirt some mustard, your choice of flavor - over the kraut.
- 5If you're into horseradish, you want to schmear the top half of the bun with that.
- 6Cover the sandwich with the top bun; wrap in foil, and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until heated thru and bun is toasted.
- 7Sometimes people would ask for cheese to be added, so if you see yourself in that crowd, add it after the kraut.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Sausage Submarine Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.0
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 1783.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: