Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a tasty stew with sausage and sauerkraut that is made in the crockpot. Often times, I make this dish with leftovers from the night before. From the Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook.
- 304.75 g can cream of celery soup
- 78.07 ml brown sugar, packed
- 765.43 g can sauerkraut, drained
- 680.38 g Polish sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces and browned
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- Combine soup, sugar, and sauerkraut.
- Stir in sausage, potatoes, and onions.
- Cover; cook on Low 8 hours, or on High 4 hours.
- Stir in cheese and serve.
This was fabulous!!! My hubby and I usually make a version of this in the skillet, this was definitely more flavorful and moist. I did not make any adjustments. We will definitely make again!
I selected this to make for the ZWT4. I'm so happy that I did!! Not only is it very easy to make,it was also delicious!! I will be adding this to my Fall/Winter cookbook. Thanks so much for posting!
This is simple to make, very delicious, and gives off such an appetizing aroma while it cooks! I used Kielbasa sausages from Whole Foods, which are my new favorite. Next time I make this, I will try substituting Swiss or Emanthaler cheese in place of the Monterey Jack. I served it with some Bavarian mustard on the side, but may try adding some to the stew while it cooks. Thanks, Lazyme! Made for ZWT4.