Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Guy-type "midnight snacks". Confirmed bachelors will love this one -- easy! Enjoy!
Make and share this Polish Sausage Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces Polish sausage (pre-cooked type) or 16 ounces smoked sausage, sliced on a bias, 1/4-inch thick (pre-cooked type)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 onions, sliced longways
- 12 ounces beer (not "lite")
- 5 sandwich buns, croissant-type (or toasted bagels)
- In a no-stick skillet, add the cooking oil and the butter, allowing it to melt over medium heat.
- Saute the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and allow it to brown a bit, stirring/tossing every minute or so, for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the beer into the mix and allow it to come to a boil.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve on croissant rolls or bagels. Add condiments as you wish, such as hot mustard.