Recipe by Beth F.
I came up with this recipe by combining what sounded good to me from other recipies. I was trying to come up with another way to use polish sausage. It is terrific. The beans can easily be left out if you prefer.
- 1 (14 ounce) package Polish sausage (I used turkey) or 1 (14 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced (I used turkey)
- 8 medium red potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, broken into 1 . 5 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I used bold and spicy)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a heavy fry pan with a lid heat oil on med/high and add onion, sausage and potato as you are doing your cutting.
- Add the sugar, applesauce, mustard, vineger, thyme and pepper to your taste.
- Stir and cover. Stir again about every 5 minutes until potatos are tender about 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook and stir at 5 minute intervals until desired amount of browning occurs.