1/2 Photos of Polish Sausage-Lima Bean Stew (Crock Pot)
4 hrs 40 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
I got a 'deal' on a 3 lb bag of Polish Sausage. The pantry yielded a 1 lb bag of Baby Lima Beans. The rest just seemed to fall together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb baby lima beans, sorted,washed,soaked overnight
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded,deveined,chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 red potatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 2 lbs Polish sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4-1/2 cup potato flakes
- 1Pour stock into crock pot, set on high.
- 2Add beans.
- 3Heat a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Add Oil.
- 5Add Onions, Garlic, Bell Peppers, Celery, Red Potatoes, and Baby Carrots.
- 6Saute (Stir fry)'til Onions are translucent.
- 7Add crushed Red Chiles and Tomato paste, mix well.
- 8Add vegetables to crock pot.
- 9Reduce heat to low, cook 3 hours.
- 10Add Sausage, cook 3/4 hour.
- 11Add enough Potato Flakes to thicken as desired.
- 12Cook 15 minutes more.
- 13Serve with a Peasant Loaf or maybe Cornbread or Cornsticks.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Sausage-Lima Bean Stew (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.7
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 941.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 17.8 g