- 8 Polish sausage or 1 large frankfurter
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained & snipped
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slit sausages or frankfurters lenghthwise, cutting almost to ends & only 3/4 of the way through.
- Combine sauerkraut, chili sauce, onion, & caraway seed.
- Stuff about 2 TABLESPOONS of the mixture into the slit of each sausage or frankfurter.
- Secure with wooden picks.
- Grill over HOT COALS for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently.
- Remove picks.
- Serve in frankfurter buns if desired.