Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 50 g butter
- 25 g onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 50 g flour
- 200 ml water or 200 ml beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 pinch sugar, salt and pepper
- 200 g Polish sausage (kielbasa)
- Heat the butter and lightly brown the onions.
- Add the flour and brown again.
- Gradually stir in water or beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato puree, salt pepper and sugar.
- Skin the sausage, cut into big cubes, and add to sauce.
- Simmer the sauce for a few more minutes until the flavours blend.
- Serve with potatoes.