Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another Polish recipe for my hubby and for the Polish Zaar World tour contest, gotten off the About.com site.
- 50 g butter
- 25 g onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 50 g flour
- 200 ml water or 200 ml beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 200 g Polish sausage (kielbasa)
- Heat the butter and lightly brown the onions. Add the flour and brown again. Gradually stir in water or beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato puree, salt pepper and sugar. Skin the sausage, cut into big cubes, and add to sauce. Simmer the sauce for a few more minutes until the flavours blend. Serve with potatoes.
- Serves 2.
This dish was ok, but my family wasn't too impressed. This was the first time we had a kielbasa dish with tomato sauce. I think we like our kielbasa better with kraut or cabbage. Update: I had to knock it down one star because both my guys got severe cases of heartburn. I didn't eat enough to get it but we won't make this again.
I used 2 Tablespoons butter and 2 of flour, 1 small onion, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 pound sausage. Very easy and tasty!