Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a local magazine. The servings are an estimate since none were listed.
Make and share this Polish Sausage & Ham Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb ham, cut into cubes
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Cut the core out of the cabbage. Rinse & cut into quarters then cut the quarters in half.
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Saute the onions & peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce, spices, sausage, ham, & cabbage. Bring to a boil then lower the heat & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with warm bread.