Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
For all of us Crock pot lovers...who like to come home from work...with dinner waiting! I have not tried this yet, posted for Zaar World Tour 2005
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed and peeled
- 4 cups cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (packaged)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 lb Polish sausage, cooked, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- Place potatoes, coleslaw mix, onion, caraway seeds and sausage in crock pot. Pour broth over all.
- Cover; cook on low for 10 - 12 hours or high for 5 - 6 hours.
- Ladle in bowls.
I make this all the time. But I do add a packet or two of Goya "Sazon". Gives it a great flavor. Love this soup! Easy to make. I us a head of cabbage and 3 carrots. The sazon gives it a great flavor. I also add 2 cloves of garlic and a tad bit of dill. Love it and great for a diet! Louisa
I replaced coleslaw mix with carrots and cabbage and replaced caraway seeds with thyme black pepper and salt. I also added a can of Rotel tomatoes to spice it up.
Have been wanting to make this for a while after my sister raved about it. Added a chicken bouillon cube to add a bit more flavor. Wonderfully good!