This dish is delicious served with mustard, horseradish and boiled new potatoes.
Make and share this Polish Sausage and Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Place sliced cabbage in crockpot.
- Toss with diced potato, salt and caraway seed.
- Add sliced onion and Polish sausage.
- Pour chicken broth over all; stir lightly.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 8 to 10 hours (on HIGH setting for 2 to 4 hours).
This was sooo good! I had 1/2 head of cabbage that I had to use and what a good thing to make with it! I was planning on turkey polish sausage and sour kraut but this was much better. I used 2 potatoes with the skin on and chopped and 2 onions and skipped the caraway seeds since I don't have any. Thanks so much for posting. We will definitely be making this again!!
This is one simple delicious recipe. I confess I used Hot Italian sausages and I look forward to doing it again with smoked Polish sausage but may I tell you it will be difficult to have a tastier recipe.It may look a bit pale in the photo but it is flavor packed. The touch of caraway is wonderfuml. Thanks Dancer for another winner.