Recipe by SusieQusie
From Taste of Home's slow cooker recipes.
Top Review by PaulaG
I agree with Parsley, a nice balance of flavors. The sausage was a sun dried tomato chicken sausage and 2 granny smith apples. The brown sugar was Splenda brown sugar blend and apple cider in place of the apple juice. This was served with sourdough bread and recipe #226071.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained & rinsed
- 1 lb fully cooked Polish sausage or 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8ths
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/2 of the sauerkraut in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with sausage & apples then remainder of sauerkraut.
- Mix together the brown sugar, caraway seeds & pepper and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Pour apple juice all over.
- Cover & cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender.