Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found these at www.webterrace.com Since I'm Polish have to try them.
Make and share this Polish Rum Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum (light or dark your choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine flour, pecans, butter, sugar, rum and vanilla in bowl.
- With floured hands, roll rounded teaspoons of dough into 3/4-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Store at room temperature or freeze.
- Dust with sugar before serving.
Hmmm...there wasn't enough rum in it. If you want a cookie that you can barely taste the rum, then these are it. I'd add more rum to it. They just kind of tasted plain. :( Sorry, I really wanted to like them. They rolled very nicely though and smell good. It just kind of tasted flat on flavor to me though.
I have made something similar to these in the past so I knew these would be wonderful, I increased the rum to 3 tablespoons, in my convection oven they needed very little time to brown somthing like 8 minutes, we really enjoyed these little treats thanks for sharing Rita!
We loved these! They were quick and easy and taste fantastic. Thanks for a keeper!