Recipe by NotYourMommasCookin
I love Reuben sandwiches and thought I would give this a try. Turns out my kids LOVED it. I got this from "Grandma's Kitchen".
Top Review by pammyowl
I made this ahead of time and put it in the fridge, then before putting in the oven topped with the bread crumbs, I used onion bread for the topping, BTW, covered with foil and baked. I think, because I made it ahead the noodles were already soft, there was no need to cover as it was very juicy, so I removed the foil and baked 1/2 hr longer and it was perfect. We loved it. Really good, thanks for posting! Made for Spring PAC 2013
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sauerkraut
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemedium-wide noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Polish sausage, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish. Combine mushroom soup, milk, chopped onion and mustard in medium bowl until well blended.
- Spread sauerkraut in prepared baking dish. Top with noodles. Spoon soup mixture evenly over noodles; cover with sausage. Top with shredded Swiss.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl; sprinkle over Swiss.
- Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake until noodles are tender, about 1 hour.