Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is from my Taste of Home cookbook and its very good. I think its quite a twist on potato salad.
- 8 -10 small red potatoes
- 2 fresh bratwursts
- 1 fresh kielbasa or 1 Polish sausage, link
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup cider or 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup of sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes just until tender; drain when cool. Peel and slice potatoes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausages until no longer pink.
- Remove and cut in to ¼-inch slices; set aside.
- add butter sugar, salt, mustard, and celery seed to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Gradually add broth and vinegar and bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- Gently stir in onions, celery, parsley, potatoes and sausage; heat through and serve.