southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is from my Taste of Home cookbook and its very good. I think its quite a twist on potato salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 small red potatoes
- 2 fresh bratwursts
- 1 fresh kielbasa or 1 Polish sausage, link
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cider or 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced celery
- 1/4 cup of fresh minced parsley
- 1Cook potatoes just until tender; drain when cool. Peel and slice potatoes and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, cook sausages until no longer pink.
- 3Remove and cut in to ¼-inch slices; set aside.
- 4add butter sugar, salt, mustard, and celery seed to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
- 5Gradually add broth and vinegar and bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- 6Gently stir in onions, celery, parsley, potatoes and sausage; heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 917.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: