After the war, my Polish relatives spread to all corners of the world, even Downunder, taking their fantastic cuisine with them. This is a delicious potato salad made by my grandmother and mother as well as the extended family. It contains some unusual ingredients. As with many family recipes, this has never been written down. The quantities are estimates, you can add more or less to suit your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon French dressing
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 cup canned baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 -2 pickled cucumber, cut into small dice
- 90 g cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped. Fresh is best but dried will do
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cream (fresh or sour)
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into large dice. Boil or steam until just cooked. Don't overcook.
- 2Drain and place in a large bowl. While still hot, drizzle the french dressing over the potatoes and allow them to cool.
- 3When cool, add the eggs, peas, baked beans, cucumbers, cheese, spring onions and dill. Gently mix through.
- 4Add the mayonnaise and cream and mix through.
- 5Add more mayo or cream to taste and to get a creamy consistency.
- 6Garnish with some extra slices of hard boiled egg and fresh dill if you like.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 257.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: