Recipe by Irmgard
These were a great favourite of mine as a child; after all, how often did we get to have something yummy with fruit for a main course? I make them in late summer when fresh prune plums are plentiful but they can also be made with apricots. Please note that the time required for the dough to rest is included in the cooking time.
Top Review by Ciocia DD
These are fantastic! My Babci and my Mom always made these with blueberries inside. I like the flavor of the blueberries better. BUT with the sticky dough it's certainly easier with 1 piece of fruit!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 24 plums
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fruit in cold water and dry thoroughly; set aside until ready to use.
- Combine flour, melted butter, egg yolks, salt and enough milk to make a soft dough that pulls.
- Cover and let stand about half an hour.
- Roll out thinly on a floured board, cut into 24 small squares and wrap a plum in each.
- Cook in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes; cooked dumplings will float to the top.
- Drain and serve sprinkled with sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.