1/1 Photo of Polish Plum Dumplings
These were a great favourite of mine as a child; after all, how often did we get to have something yummy with fruit for a main course? I make them in late summer when fresh prune plums are plentiful but they can also be made with apricots. Please note that the time required for the dough to rest is included in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash fruit in cold water and dry thoroughly; set aside until ready to use.
- 2Combine flour, melted butter, egg yolks, salt and enough milk to make a soft dough that pulls.
- 3Cover and let stand about half an hour.
- 4Roll out thinly on a floured board, cut into 24 small squares and wrap a plum in each.
- 5Cook in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes; cooked dumplings will float to the top.
- 6Drain and serve sprinkled with sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Plum Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (2126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 57.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g