Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Pierogi filled with cheese & onion.
Make and share this Polish Pierogi (Cheese Filling) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all of the ingredients listed under filling and refrigerate until ready to assemble pierogi.
- Combine the ingredients listed under dough and knead until well blended (dough should be somewhat dry and about the consistency of play-doh, you can knead in more flour if needed).
- Twist off workable portions of dough and roll out very thin on a floured surface.
- Using a glass with a thin lip, dip lip of glass in flour and cut circles out of the dough.
- Place about 2 tsp filling in the center of each dough circle.
- Moisten outer edges with water and fold dough over to close.
- Seal edges by pressing gently with the back of a fork or pinching together with your fingers.
- Cook 12 pierogi at a time, reducing heat to a gentle boil; boil, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking to the bottom, until pierogi float to the surface (about 5 minutes).
- Rinse in cold water, then drizzle melted butter or vegetable oil over dough to keep from sticking.
- Repeat with remaining pierogi.
- At this point you can serve them warm, freeze them for later use, deep fry them until golden brown or pan fry them in butter with onions over medium heat, lightly browning both sides before serving.