1 hr 5 mins
Pierogi filled with cheese & onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 onion, finely chopped & fried in
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Combine all of the ingredients listed under filling and refrigerate until ready to assemble pierogi.
- 2Combine the ingredients listed under dough and knead until well blended (dough should be somewhat dry and about the consistency of play-doh, you can knead in more flour if needed).
- 3Twist off workable portions of dough and roll out very thin on a floured surface.
- 4Using a glass with a thin lip, dip lip of glass in flour and cut circles out of the dough.
- 5Place about 2 tsp filling in the center of each dough circle.
- 6Moisten outer edges with water and fold dough over to close.
- 7Seal edges by pressing gently with the back of a fork or pinching together with your fingers.
- 8Cook 12 pierogi at a time, reducing heat to a gentle boil; boil, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking to the bottom, until pierogi float to the surface (about 5 minutes).
- 9Rinse in cold water, then drizzle melted butter or vegetable oil over dough to keep from sticking.
- 10Repeat with remaining pierogi.
- 11At this point you can serve them warm, freeze them for later use, deep fry them until golden brown or pan fry them in butter with onions over medium heat, lightly browning both sides before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Pierogi (Cheese Filling)
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 375.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: